We are looking for a Data Scientist who will work with a cross-functional team of product, engineering, and customer success leaders to mine customer and end-user data, build predictive models, develop data dashboards and visualizations, and conduct analytical studies in order to help improve our products and drive better outcomes for our customers.
The ideal candidate should be passionate about behavioral data at scale, has a strong analytical and consultative mindset, a deep understanding of databases, visualization, and statistical and machine learning modeling techniques, and the ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. This role will drive high impact to the company through engagement performance optimization, natural language processing, to persona analysis.
Viafoura partners with over 600 global media brands, helping them to engage, convert and monetize their digital audiences. With best-in-class engagement and content moderation solutions — including real-time conversations, live blogs, community chat, personalization tools, and AI-powered moderation — Viafoura helps companies create active, civil, and loyal online communities reaching 500 million users every month, and generating massive scale real-time data.
Advanced data analytics also offer customers access to unique and valuable insights into their audience's behaviors and preferences. As a result, the Viafoura solution drives higher registrations and subscriptions as well as better-targeted content and advertising.
- Formulate and lead guided, multifaceted analytic studies against large volumes of data
- Interprets and analyzes data using exploratory mathematic and statistical techniques based on the scientific methods
- Take ownership of end to end data analysis, reporting, and insights
- Identify high potential but underexposed product and feature opportunities
- Work with data partners (CDPs, DMPs, ad tech) to help develop integrated products
- Works closely with engineering and product teams to develop a strategy for long term data products
- Identify data gaps and present solutions through collaboration with engineering and product owners
- Implement the strategies and set up A/B test experiments to support best practices
- Master's or Phd degree in an analytical field (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or similar)
- Experience taking ownership of end to end analytical products
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in statistical modeling and analysis
- 3+ years experience writing Python and complex SQL queries in a business environment
- 2+ years of AWS suite experience
- 1+ years experience building machine learning models
- 1+ years experience with Quicksight or other visualization tools / open-source libraries
- Analytical mindset and ability to see the big picture and influence others
- Detail-oriented and must have an aptitude for solving unstructured problems
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-task, high volume environment
- Experience with commonly used DMPs, CDPs, and ad technology
- Experience with natural language processing, sentiment analysis, semantic pattern detection, and machine learning
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible in responding to deadlines and workflow fluctuations
- Experience building natural language processing and/or recommendation systems in production
- A/B test experience
- Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive benefits
- Professional Development
- Full remote work option