Data is a key to most operations in the 21st century, but it’s often thought of as simple analytics. While analysis of basic statistics is an excellent applications of data, it’s only a small percentage of what data can do for you. Data is valuable and despite how much of it is out there, there’s still some confusion about its more practical application. It seems no matter how much we learn about data, there’s always more to know, but that’s why it’s such a fascinating field.
With St. Patrick’s day just behind us, there’s still a little something in the air that has us thinking about magic. We all love the idea of finding a four leaf clover or pot of gold to make our dreams come true – like a villa in Southern France, a big promotion or something smaller, like higher readership (we’ll think about that villa later). But sometimes we don’t need magic, we just need a little helping hand.
Getting readers to come to your site might seem like the main goal (and it’s definitely an excellent start), but it’s not. You want those readers to stay on your site and that’s where things get tricky. Some sites try to put more interactive elements on them, like games or fun banners and images. Some might try simply pushing out more content and hoping it’s not falling on an empty audience. Others still, make dark deals with creatures of the abyss. Well, put away your dark robes – we have a solution for you, and while it involves maybe a teensy bit of magic, it’s mostly just our Content Discovery plugins. Continue Reading »
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a changing field that has a lot of people perplexed, feeling ever left behind by new trends that seem to come and go at the speed of light. SEO focuses on organic methods to raise your ranking which makes it a very different challenge from things like paid ads and more traditional marketing. While those two items provide a great deal of exposure, SEO is a great benefit because it’s free exposure. Applying some smart tactics to your site can greatly increase its exposure on Google, Bing, Yahoo and other search engines. That said, anyone with a site knows how frustrating it can be trying to figure out what tactics will work next, but this often means we forget that some things never change.
Without SEO, your site sinks on search engine rankings, falling to the second, third or fourth pages of Google and Bing and going unnoticed by anyone who could be looking for you. The fact is, if you’re not on the first page, you’re missing most of your audience and that’s where SEO comes in.
The days of keyword stuffing are over – search engine’s don’t want to see an abundance of keywords, they want to see content. Your content should contain keywords, sure, but it’s a great deal more important that they fit your story and that the titles and descriptions are apt.
Nevertheless, the overall performance of your site is important too, here are some thoughts to keep in mind:
Mobile is definitely changing the face of how we live – whether it’s how we connect with friends, shop, do business or anything else. It’s not hard to see why mobile has grown to the extent that it has, but it can be hard to see just how powerful it has become and what that means for the future. That’s why we’ve collected 5 great infographics that will show you the true power of mobile.
When we compare the history of the mobile market, we can see that it’s growing exponentially as time goes by. Companies like Facebook, Twitter and Youtube have capitalized on it and maybe it’s time to follow their lead.
2. Now, more than ever, people are drawn to mobile-friendly sites and over half of them will leave those that aren’t. A mobile compatible site is now key to any business strategy, whether you’re a massive company or a mom and pop shop.
3. Even small businesses can benefit from a solid mobile strategy, proving once and for all that mobile technology is a great equalizer. With the right tools, anyone can compete in the global market.
4. Mobile has even transformed the way retail businesses engage with their consumers, offering special promotions, extensive information and in a more organized format.
5. As demonstrated by this myriad of statistics, mobile is an incredible tool, both for daily life and business. With the population of mobile internet users growing every day, it’s time to get on board.
We all remember the rather uplifting ad spot Coca-Cola that ran during the Super Bowl – a statement against trolls and internet haters everywhere, that happiness can be made. While I doubt the root of that happiness lies solely in drinking Coke, the sentiment is there and it’s a lovely one. The internet loved it, and it stood out against other commercials, holding it’s own against a lot of good, a lot of bad and a lot of weird.
Simultaneously, Coke ran an online campaign through Twitter – tag your mean posts with #MakeItHappy and Coke would automatically retweet it as ASCII art, turning the negative into a cute positive. Great idea, right? Coca Cola interacting with it’s community, getting feedback and direct engagement, is one it’s specialties as a company. What could possibly go wrong?
It’s that time of year again where we show those special someones how much we value our relationships with them. With Valentine’s Day just around the corner there are lots of articles out there about how to cultivate a happy relationship with your significant other. One take on love and relationships is Dr. Gray Chapman’s Love Languages, which has seen renewed popularity in recent year. This is the idea that love can be expressed in five ways. He applies this to couples, but I think it’s easily applicable for content creators to their online communities.
So, what are the love languages and how can you show some love?
Viafoura is excited to introduce our latest product release, Realtime Comments. We’re thrilled to provide your audience with the ability to participate in conversations as they unfold on your site. Keep audiences engaged longer, whether they’re actively participating in discussions or just reading new comments as they stream into your site.
- We’ve designed a user interface that makes it easy for audiences to discover and read new comments and replies as they’re posted, and observe as others interact with their comments in real time.
- Performance is a priority for our product development team, and we’ve taken the opportunity to improve the page loading time of our commenting widgets for all clients with this release. Comments are now loaded ‘on demand’ once users scroll the commenting area into view.
- We are also conscious of network bandwidth limitations for handheld devices, and while our realtime comments work great on phones and tablets, users can turn off the realtime update features with the touch of a button.
- As with all of our features, this interface is quickly and easily customizable to fit your site’s look and feel – and our client success team is always happy to help you achieve a great design fit.
Interested in learning more?
Book a demo today, and let us show you first hand!
The landscape of advertising is changing and transforming from relatively traditional mediums and one area seeing a large transformation is mobile advertising. It can be difficult to see the value of mobile ads from an abstract perspective so we’re going to run down some of the best reasons why mobile ads are so popular.
“Mobile is becoming not only the new digital hub, but also the bridge to the physical world. That’s why mobile will affect more than just your digital operations — it will transform your entire business.” – Thomas Husson, Vice President and Principal Analyst at Forrester Research
It’s becoming increasingly clear in the modern market that mobile can’t be just an aspect of business, but a mantra: mobile is fast becoming a priority, and in some cases mobile first is the business approach. Major businesses are capitalizing on mobile, and capturing the potential of of this relatively new medium.
Request Free Trial
We welcome the opportunity to demo our platform and share more about its unique benefits. Please fill out the form below and a social monetization specialist will contact you in short order.